03 October, 2008

MY FIRST AIDILFIRI IN KK - THE PRAYER AT THE CITY MOSQUE 01.10.08

After the prayer

My first time celebrating Aidilfitri in KK since I moved in here in 1991. The situation at the mosque is not much different from my hometown.
People are dress in their best; try to get the best available parking space for their cars, trucks or bikes; try to get a good spot in the mosque-if not in the main prayer hall. Some leave right after the prayer and rush to their cars while others wait a bit longer to exchange hand shakes and ask for forgiveness and what not since it is the day to forgive and forget.
Besides missing my family members, and friends that I've never missed to visit for more then three decades ago, I still enjoy the 1st day of Syawal. Perhaps a little bit different from what I used to, or is this the change that I want to - away from the ritual settings but not too far from the norm in which I'm familiar with.

No comments: